Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Sirshasana

"I would love to try it out this time, can I do it against the wall?"


"Nope." *shakes head* "I'll be standing right behind to support you." *smiles*


*hesistated* "Okay then, here goes...."


"Have your elbows supporting your head. First try to lift the right knee then the left, and then try to balance." *trying to hold my legs*


*shakieshakie* *getting there* "I'm scared....I'm s.c.a.r.e.d...." *cries*


*RUMBLESSS* me = tumbled over, nearly smash my yoga instructer, Sanjay. He's smart enough to dodge that, i think he knew it was coming. LOL


"Gee..." *blush* "this is embarrasing!"


"No no it's not." *smiles* "This happens. Don't worry." *smile*



I'll make sure I practice my head stands well enough before doing it in front of others. This is actually my first attempt. I want to overcome this phobia of having my weight upwards with my neck under. i'm suppose to have my arms n core strengh supporting my weight instead, but they're just not strong enough. particularly my arms. sometimes i wonder why i have meaty thighs but skinny arms. well, it's ok. i'm getting there. I'm building them strong.
Anyway, it's a great achievement being able to do Chaturanga Dandasana effortlessly now.
Sometimes I think just have to take things slowly.


An enthusiast need a break too!


Btw, Sanjay is a great yogi with great personality and he's cute when he smiles. One of the reasons i kept going to his class ;)


check out www.myspace.com/sanjaysolitudes

No comments: